We found Safia Verjee, the Innovation Manager at the Kenya Red Cross, to see how the association is utilizing Sarafu blockchain e-Vouchers to offer the required budgetary guide to low-pay neighborhoods in Nairobi, Kenya, during the current Covid-19 pandemic.
As per Safia, the inventive NGO has had the option to effectively utilize these e-Vouchers to guarantee families are getting the required help during this troublesome period while simultaneously empowering the association to be increasingly responsible to contributors.
As of now, her job at the Kenya Red Cross incorporates investigating various methods of getting things done to be increasingly successful and effective in the manner the association conveys philanthropic guide to those generally powerless. This incorporates co-planning arrangements with catastrophe influenced networks guaranteeing that the association fuses and influence on neighborhood thoughts.
Her jobs likewise incorporates facing challenges and pilot existing advancements through long haul improvement ventures with a specific spotlight on:
- Blockchain technologies
- Digital identities
- Drone and satellite technology for disaster preparedness and response
- IoT solutions for disaster risk reduction
In this podcast, Safia answers the questions below:
- What are the Sarafu e-Vouchers?
- What led the Kenya Red Cross to adopt the Sarafu blockchain-based e-Vouchers?
- How long has the project been going on?
- What are the adoption numbers of the Sarafu e-Vouchers so far?
- Are you looking to continuing the program post-Covid?