The most recent CryptoCompare’s Crypto Exchange Benchmark rankings for Q4, 2019 are out, and by and by, Luno remains the main African trade on the best 20 all around.
The benchmark is the most perceived and regarded positioning in the business as it positions 160+ spot trades across 64 measurements and fills in as a manual for distinguishing the least hazard trades in the business.
The latest ranking also provides some insights into the space as shown below:
- 30% of exchanges possess a crypto exchange license or registered as an MSB
- Only 4% of exchanges formally offer some form of crypto insurance
- 56% impose strict ID verification on users
- 46% of exchanges incentivize and reward traders via airdrops
- 33% of exchanges offer margin trading
- 96% of exchanges offer 2-factor authentication (2FA)
- Only 16% of exchanges hold more than 95% of crypto in cold wallet
- Low-tier exchanges show increased growth bypassing top-tier exchanges
- 41% of exchanges conduct some form of trading competition to drive volume